WHY AM I SO BLESSED?
When I lay my head down at night I am often reminded of the saying, “What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for the night before.” This would put me in the mindset to focus on counting my blessings during my prayer time rather than asking God for the things I thought I needed. My family and my husband, Taylor, were always at the top of my list. There was never a day that went by that I took our marriage for granted and it is still a shock that a night came when Taylor was no longer with me to thank God for.
Taylor Always said that if he could ask God one question it would be, “Why am I so blessed?” He was a firm believer in approaching life with a positive attitude, often noting that because your attitude is one of the only things you can control you might as well make it a good one. Taylor’s faith and outlook on life has helped me tremendously since his passing. I can’t change what happened, but I can control my attitude toward my new circumstances.
Why am I so Blessed?
- Because God is good. #WAISB?
- Because Taylor is enjoying life in heaven in the presence of the Lord. #WAISB?
- Because I have been saved by grace and will see Taylor again. #WAISB?
- Because God entrusted me with two beautiful children. #WAISB?
I have learned in the hardest way possible that this life on earth is short and nothing is promised to us except for salvation in heaven through Jesus. When you look at the big picture, our lives here are just a blink of an eye compared to eternity in heaven. When you look at the smaller picture it is important to control your attitude and ask yourself…
Why am I so Blessed?
- When you get a flat tire…be thankful you have transportation. #WAISB?
- When you have a trying day at work…be thankful you have a job. #WAISB?
- When you have to dip into your savings account to replace your roof…be thankful you have a home. #WAISB?
- When you lose your husband at 32…be thankful for the time you had together and the wisdom he left you with. #WAISB?
In the time since I lost Taylor I have thought of innumerable things I am thankful for and look forward to sharing them with you. It takes a little discipline, but changing your mindset to focus on the good in a bad situation can change your day and your life. I would love to hear from everyone why you are so blessed. #WAISB
Copyright © 2021 M. Marley, LLC